Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hey, crazy. Stay away from my President please


So this Lee-Harvey-esque nutjob shows up at a Presidential event carrying a sign that says "The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants". Fine, protesters are allowed to march and say their peace. One of the greatest Constitutional rights in this country is the freedom of speech. No argument there. The problem is, he showed up with a gun strapped to his leg. Ummm, anyone else see a problem with this?

I'm not only a first amendment proponent, I'm very much a fan of the second amendment. I enjoy shooting guns, have no problem with them, and value the right that I have to walk into a store and purchase one. Having said that, there is a time and a place and a PRESIDENTIAL EVENT IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

This crazy was on Hardball with Chris Matthews yesterday. (Whom I'm a huge fan of. He's by far my favorite journalist on television). Nutty's argument is that he was trying to make a statement about the many rights in this country that he feels are being stripped away.

Check out the video of wacky's (ok, guess I'll give his name, William Kostric) exchange with Matthews on Hardball. Chris really hits him about the stupidity of his move at 2:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment