Friday, September 25, 2009

President Clinton changes his view on gay marriage...for the better!


I have been a huge fan of President Clinton for many years. I had the privilege of meeting him once in 1997. (Have I mentioned that before? Probably. And I probably will again. It was a thrilling night!) I have a new reason to admire this great man and brilliant politician. He has changed his view and is "now personally" for same-sex marriage!

This is much different from his public stance on it when he was President. I also give him so much credit for admitting that he has changed his mind. So many politicians stick to outdated concepts because they don't want to seem like they are "flip-flopping" (thanks Karl Rove for that term) but President Clinton is a not afraid to say he has changed his mind.

I wish I could be alive 100 years from now to see how his legacy compares to that of his predecessor...what was his name again? Ahh, the memory (nightmare) is fading.

Thank you President Clinton. You continue to be an advocate for progress.


1 comment:

  1. Did he change his view??? That's great of him!

    By the way, congratulations on your blog, I think it's great!

    Adam (mrelife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete