Friday, September 18, 2009

Gavin Newsom welcomes baby daughter!!


Congratulations to Mayor (soon-to-be Governor) Gavin Newsom and his wife Jennifer Siebel-Newsom! They welcomed their first child, daughter Montana Tessa Newsom (we'll talk about the name later) to the world today, September 18, 2009 at 12:39pm.

Mayor Newsom tweeted about his exciting day to keep us all updated:

Arrived at hospital

Ok... I'm nervous--

Baby girl.. :)

Jen doing great.. Not sure she is happy I am on twitter
The newest Democrat in the Newsom household weighed in at 7lbs 12oz and 20.5" long.

Now, the name. Montana? I don't know what to say about this. She is no doubt going to be beautiful with those two parents. Not to mention smart and driven. The only thing not in her favor is that name. I love Gavin Newsom, like super love Gavin Newsom but Mr. Mayor, you didn't just adopt an Alaskan Husky, this is YOUR DAUGHTER!! Tessa Montana maybe? Even that is better. Oh well. I'll shut up about the name. Congrats Newsoms! A very happy day :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I'm happy to see I'm not the only person puzzled about the name choice.

    ReplyDelete