Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BART - Take a lesson from MUNI






So, living in San Francisco, I take the BART quite a bit. It's really handy as long as you're not going too far north in the city. Also great if you're going out for some drinks and don't want to even be tempted to drive.


Here's the problem, BART stops running at around 1am. The bars serve last call around 1:30am. Do the math. Not a very practical schedule for those of us who like to stay out a little later and have a couple on a Friday or Saturday. The MUNI (bus system) runs until about 2-2:30am generally.


Now, I know what my mother will say (who reads this blog daily) "Do you really need to be out until 2am?" The answer is yes. I'm joking. Of course not, but the reality is that people do stay out until the bar turns on the harsh lighting that makes us all cringe like we are vampires at sunrise. I have heard from people too many times "What time does BART stop running? That early? I'll just drive" Not the behavior that the city should want to encourage.


So, let me know your thoughts on this subject. Should BART run until 2:30am?

1 comment:

  1. If last call is 1:30am and Bart stops running at 1:00am, what if they change last call to 12:30am???? Never happen, I know. Therefore you have my vote for BART to run until 2:30am. How many times can we vote?

    ReplyDelete