Saturday, June 5, 2010

Review: "In the Heights"

Tommy got us tickets for this show last week. I had no idea what it was about, where it was, whether it was a musical or play, nothing. Up to about ten minutes before, I still had no idea what it was or what to expect. All I knew at that point was that it was a musical since, while standing in line, I read the marquis "Tony Award winner - Best Musical" so I thought, eh...can't be that bad.

I was right. Not bad. Not bad at all. Very good actually. Great music, high energy, and talented performers. A great show!

It takes place in the Washington Heights neighborhood of New York and follows the lives of the neighborhood families, who have grown over the years to become one large family.

I won't go into too many details but trust me, you will be entertained. It is playing at the Curran Theatre through June. Go see it!

Tickets can be purchased here

I give it 4 Rebas.

No comments:

Post a Comment