Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Twitter, you either get it or you don't

So, I find myself spending more and more time on twitter. It is the social networking site of 2009. (Facebook is soooo 2008 and if you're still on Myspace...well, I just feel sorry for you). Twit takes some getting used to. The whole "tweet" and "retweet" (RT) thing is a little odd at first I will admit. I think people try it out for a week or so because they hear the hype, and then cancel. Believe the hype! It is an awesome site that, if you give it enough time, will be your social networking site of choice.

I've never seen a company grow at such an amazing rate. Twitter was only founded in 2006. 2006! It is now one of the 50 most used websites worldwide and the third largest social networking site (I guarantee soon to be second). They have a monthly growth rate of 1,382% but only retain 40% of their users. Which brings me back to my first point. Try it for more than a week! Ok, I'll stop yelling.

Join twitter here: http://www.twitter.com

Then, follow me here: http://twitter.com/ogreggory

See you in the twitterverse! (Yes, that is really a term they use...you'll get used to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment